Unity Principles first came into my awareness when I attended a class at Unity Church of Overland Park in Overland Park, Kansas in 2009. I gravitated towards Unity’s teachings and was eager to learn more. The discoveries freed me from fear-based religious oppression and have given me courage to forge ahead on my path of learning and discovery. My life has changed considerably since choosing to practice and embody these universal principles.
In addition to practicing these teachings, I have been guided to share them with others. On several occasions, I have been invited to be the Sunday service inspirational guest speaker at Unity Center of Tulsa in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Unity of Fayetteville in Fayetteville, Arkansas; Unity Church of the Ozarks in Bentonville, Arkansas and Unity of the Hills Spiritual Center in Branson, Missouri. I am so grateful to Charles and Myrtle Fillmore for being spiritual pioneers and reminding us of our own ability to heal and create. Fortunately, I have also made the trek to visit Unity Village several times, and I always feel blessed to be there.
Information shared below was obtained directly from Unity.org website
Whether you have a strong spiritual foundation, are just at the beginning of your spiritual journey, or do not believe in God at all, Unity offers spiritual insights and guidance for all people. While having its origins rooted in Christianity, the Unity teachings bring together ancient wisdom from many faith traditions. You will not find dogma in Unity, and we honor all spiritual paths.
Because we know that each person comes to Unity at a different place on their journey, we invite you to use the language that resonates with you. Whether you like to say God, the Universe, Spirit, divine truth, Love, or some other phrase, we believe that this divine energy is all the same: a benevolent expression of goodness, order, abundance, and love in the world. (Unity.org)
These ancient, universal principles taught by Unity offer foundational guidance for living abundantly and staying in tune with your own divine nature.
- God is everywhere and always present in every circumstance. This divine energy underlies and animates all of existence.
- Human beings are innately good because they are connected to and an expression of Spirit.
- Our thoughts have creative power to influence events and determine our experiences.
- Prayer and meditation connect and align us to our own spiritual nature and to God.
- It is not enough to understand spiritual teachings. We must apply our learning in all areas of life, incorporating them into our thoughts, words, and actions. (Unity.org)